St. Catharines celebrates arts community
Posted on Saturday May 30, 2015
The City of St. Catharines recognized outstanding contributions to its arts community Saturday night during the 2015 St. Catharines Arts Awards.
The City of St. Catharines honoured its 2015 Arts Awards recipients during the special event at Sean O’Sullivan Theatre, Centre for the Arts, Brock University. One of the last events at the Sean O’Sullivan Theatre, it was a night of fun and inspiring moments as the local arts and culture community took centre stage.
“Congratulations to the 2015 Arts Awards recipients and to all of the nominees,” said Mayor Walter Sendzik. “Tonight we celebrated the very best of our arts community. Many of this year’s nominees have achieved international accolades for their work, but it is always meaningful to be recognized in our hometown. Our artists play an important role in making our community such a great place to live. Congratulations!”
The 2015 St. Catharines Arts Awards winners are:
- Arts in Education Award, sponsored by the Department of Dramatic Arts, Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts, Brock University:
Dena Colling Gelentso
- Emerging Artist Award, sponsored by the Centre for the Arts, Brock University:
- Established Artist Award, sponsored by FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre: Duncan MacDonald
- Making a Difference Award, sponsored by the Department of Visual Arts, the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts, Brock University:
- Patron of the Arts Award, sponsored by the St. Catharines Downtown Association:
Chris and Catharine Lowes – Mahtay Café
- Volunteer in the Arts Award, sponsored by Scotiabank St. Catharines: