CITIZENS FOR A LIVABLE CRANBROOK MISSION AND VISION
Citizens for a Livable Cranbrook Society (CLC) is a not for profit community organization formed in 2008. Activities are supported through membership fees and donations.
Citizens for a Livable Cranbrook provides grassroots leadership and an inclusive process, with a voice for all community members, including area neighbours, to ensure that our community grows and develops in a way that incorporates an environmental ethic, offers a range of housing and transportation choices, encourages a vibrant social and cultural life, and supports sustainable, meaningful employment and business opportunities.
- Be a voice in the community through public engagement, such as sponsoring keynote speakers on issues relating to community planning, holding workshops, and showing relevant films.
- Promote a viable, sustainable and livable city in cooperation with other community advocacy groups, including environmental, social, business, wildlife, historical, aboriginal and cultural, as well as area neighbours.
- Be informed on and respond to relevant municipal activities, including existing and planned new developments, bylaw changes, strategic alliances, significant budget announcements and so on, and communicate to membership and public.
- Support and participate in visioning exercises, focus groups and community consultations for the City.
- Communicate through CLC blog (Cranbrook Guardian), successes, events and issues relevant to Cranbrook.
- Conduct public campaigns on critical issues of concern.
No membership fees necessary for 2012-2013
Write to our gmail address on main page to be put on the mailing list.
Board of Directors for 2014 - 15